Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Secret Squirrel Alert

So, the assistant to the agent who passed my work along to another agent in the same agency sent me a secret squirrel update to keep me in the loop.  Here's what it says: "So here’s the scoop – [the new agent] is really into [Title of Novel], but given how hectic these past few weeks have been, she’s had trouble finding time to really hunker down with it. She apologizes profusely for taking so long, but she’s organizing her thoughts and will try and get back to you before the July 4th weekend."  I was like, "Dude, no apology needed and thank you so much for being my favorite person on the planet."  Over and out.

7 comments:

The Rejection Queen said...

Must be nice. I hope this is the one for you. I officially quit as a writer on friday.

Writer, Rejected said...

If I had a dime for every time I officially quit as a writer, I'd be rich...It always comes back. Despair not, little Rejection Queen.

The Rejection Queen said...

No, I mean it this time. I can't take the abuse anymore. I'm one battered female.

mr ironic said...

Good. Now the market will be slightly less glutted.

Writer, Rejected said...

If I had a dime for every time I officially quit as a writer, I'd be rich...It always comes back. Despair not, little Rejection Queen.

Native Ink said...

It sounds like that assistant needs to be given a promotion, and then you'd be all set.

Anonymous said...

lol mr ironic.