Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The New Eff Ewe

Writes one LROD Reader: "In the spirit of your f.u., I give you a past rejection":
Thank you for sending us [redacted]. We regret to inform you it was not chosen for publication in an upcoming issue. Remember, editorial decisions are very subjective, so continue writing, and you will find a home for your fiction. We hope this does not deter you from reading future issues of Carve, and you are welcome to submit again in the future. Sincerely, Editor and Staff
"I LOVE the 'keep writing,' as though they think I'd be so devastated by their rejection that I might throw in the towel. Don't worry, Carve; I'm okay."

2 comments:

Belle said...

And don't forget to keep buying their magazine.

(*v*) The Chickens Are Watching (*v*) said...

I don't get these verbose form rejections. I've edited a small zine for years and I always keep it short and sweet. Funny how I've never found our magazine's rejections slips posted on blogs, deconstructed to irrelevance by packs of despairing writers.

Nor have we had run-ins with smart alecky "authors" arguing with our rejections. John Bruce occasionally posts his exchanges with editors who reject his pieces. Not that I side with Bruce, but sometimes those editors are just asking for it.