Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gone So Long

I have so many rejections to catch you up on.  During my hiatus, I received a number of them, as you might have expected, despite my claims to have quit. I acted as my own agent, sending the book out directly to editors, and got a few to actually read and respond. It was surprising.  (Do we need agents any more?) Also, I submitted the novel to a few contests and got some really crazy feedback, which I will share. Stay tuned for that. Now that my novel is actually going to be published, it's an extra pleasure to post rejections.  Like, for instance, this one, from an imprint at HarperCollins:
Writer, Rejected: I did hear back from [someone billed in an earlier email as a "star editor"] today and did my own reading as well. We both love what you are doing, but in the end, we both agree that [title of novel] isn’t the right fit for us here. Thanks so much, again, for reaching out to us, and I sincerely wish you the best with your future writing. All best, Daisy, Vice President and Publisher, Fiction

No comments: